Friday, January 11, 2013

A SILENT KILLER YOU SHOULD WATCH OUT FOR – Hepatitis B Virus


 
 
A couple of weeks back, having just finished attending the Nigeria Leadership Summit by the Anabel Leadership Academy. I rode back to the mainland from Lekki with my aunty who is an International Health worker. As we drove down, she raise a topic that really got my attention. Not only because of it importance but also because i recall i had done a term paper on this topic while in the University. The topic was Hepititis B. My aunty mentioned that a lot of people now go about it without knowing until it knocks you off. Unfortunately and sadly this virus could kill faster and silently than the HIV the virus that causes AIDS. But then what is the Hepititis B? And what should you know about it?

Hepititis itself is the inflammation of the lever due to poisions and toxic materials. There are 5 types of Hepatitis with 3 well known ones namely Hepatitis A, B and C. Hepatitis B is commonly known as HBV.HBV is a chronic illness which occurs through the replication of the virus in the liver. It spreads through the blood, blood flids, in semen, virginal secretion and even saliva. Research shows the one-third of the world population carry the virus. That is over 2 billion people and this illness takes 1 in 4 carrier’s life.

Among the many symptoms to show the existence of the HBV, they include Mild fever, jaundice, vomiting, pain in the abdomen, mental confusion, body aches, liver cirrhosis, and ultimately liver failure. The mode of transmission includes vertical transmission (mother to baby), blood transfusion, re-use of contaminated needles, piercing instruments and syringes, unprotected sexual activities to mention a few.

What then can be done to avoid and prevent this deadly virus, among many things to be done is to get vaccinated. This is especially important for children and youths. Avoidance of unsafe sexual contact is another way to prevent HBV. And for those infected already adequate rest, appropriate medication, liver transplant and good feeding would be effective.

HBV infected people are usually unaware and even routine liver function tests may come back normal. Therefore, HBV can be a silent killer, striking without warning.

 

NOTE: The information in this post is based on my personal research on the topic.

2 comments:

  1. How I Was Rescued By A God Fearing And Trusted Lender {Lexieloancompany@yahoo.com}..

    Hello, I am Andrew Thompson currently living in CT USA, God has bless me with two kids and a lovely Wife, I promise to share this Testimony because of God favor in my life, 2days ago I was in desperate need of money so I thought of having a loan then I ran into wrong hands who claimed to be loan lender not knowing he was a scam. he collected 1,500.00 USD from me and refuse to email me since then I was confuse, but God came to my rescue, one faithful day I went to church after the service I share idea with a friend and she introduce me to LEXIE LOAN COMPANY, she said she was given 98,000.00 USD by MR LEXIE , THE MANAGING DIRECTOR OF LEXIE LOAN COMPANY. So I collected his email Address , he told me the rules and regulation and I followed, then after processing of the Documents, he gave me my loan of 55,000.00 USD... well if you are interested in a loan you can as well contact him on this Email: Lexieloancompany@yahoo.com or call/sms on: +18168926958 thanks, I am sure he will also help you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello every one please i will like to talk about the goodness of GOD in my life after so many months of trying to get a loan on the internet and was scammed the sum of $1,800 i became so desperate in getting a loan from a legit lender online then a friend told me that there is a legit loan company where he got his loan fast and easy without any stress so he introduced me to a Man called Edward Jones Jr , So i applied for a loan sum of ($60,000.00) with low interest rate so the loan was approved and deposited into my bank account that was how i was able to get my loan and i was able to pay off my bills. i am advising every one who is interested in getting a loan fast and easy to kindly contact them via email: {jonesloanfinance@yahoo.com} ,So thanks as you read the greatest testimony of my life and thanks be to GOD almighty for his goodness upon my life.

    Lindsey Tyler

    ReplyDelete