Sunday, January 27, 2013

ARE YOU LIVING SUSTAINABLY?


LIVING SUSTAINABLY WOULD MEAN MAKING EVERYDAY GREEN

With all the pressure on our environment, climate and our surrounding it is important that everyone starts to think sustainability. Sustainability can however not come about if we do not begin to live a sustaining lifestyle. You might begin to wonder what I mean by that.
In the a report on Sustainable living by the St’ Luke’s University in Canada, it explains “sustainable living is making conscious choices in everyday life and begin aware that you are making a choice when you leave the tap running while brushing your teeth, or while shopping for groceries’’. It thus requires a conscious effort on the part of each individual to live a sustaining life.

SUSTAINABLE LIVING – PRACTICAL WAYS

1.      AT HOME – The home is the starting point. Charity begins at home. The home front provides amble opportunity to practice sustainable living. Here are a few ways
·         Hang your cloths dry rather than using a dryer
·         Cover pots when cooking
·         Use energy saving bulbs
·         Turn off lights when not in use
·         If you use an heater or air conditioning system, don’t heat or cool an empty house
·         Shut off water when soaping during a shower or brushing your teeth


2.      RESPONSIBLE BUYING- When making decisions on where to make purchases you also have to think sustainability. You have to think different and weigh your options properly. These could include if possible buying locally. Local products help reduce transportation costs and environmental impacts while contributing to the local economy. Aside from this purchasing clothing made completely or partly form sustainable materials can support the agricultural industries.

3.      WASTE REDUCTION- This involves using fewer materials in the home, office, and school. Recycling is closely related to this. Recycling and waste reduction protects our environment because it reduces the demand on land fill space and it is also good for the economy of any country.


4.      TRANSPORTATION- One key way to reduce the carbon footprint on our environment is sustainable transportation. This allows the basic of individuals to be met without putting the future generation at risk of not meeting the same need. Here are some tips;
·         Use the public transport instead of your car thus reducing fuel use and harmful emissions
·         Carpool with your friends and colleagues. This reduces the number of cars on the road and road congestion too.
·         If you can why don’t you cycle or skate to work
·         Buy vehicles with a record of fuel efficiency

We need to secure our environment both for our use and that of the generations to come. We need to remain healthy and strong. And we can only achieve this when and if we GOGREEN so we can STAY COOL.
Follow these tips and you can be sure of a better life.

Join the Go Green and Stay Cool Intiative on Facebook and Twitter


2 comments:

  1. How I Was Rescued By A God Fearing And Trusted Lender {Lexieloancompany@yahoo.com}..

    Hello, I am Andrew Thompson currently living in CT USA, God has bless me with two kids and a lovely Wife, I promise to share this Testimony because of God favor in my life, 2days ago I was in desperate need of money so I thought of having a loan then I ran into wrong hands who claimed to be loan lender not knowing he was a scam. he collected 1,500.00 USD from me and refuse to email me since then I was confuse, but God came to my rescue, one faithful day I went to church after the service I share idea with a friend and she introduce me to LEXIE LOAN COMPANY, she said she was given 98,000.00 USD by MR LEXIE , THE MANAGING DIRECTOR OF LEXIE LOAN COMPANY. So I collected his email Address , he told me the rules and regulation and I followed, then after processing of the Documents, he gave me my loan of 55,000.00 USD... well if you are interested in a loan you can as well contact him on this Email: Lexieloancompany@yahoo.com or call/sms on: +18168926958 thanks, I am sure he will also help you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I Was Rescued By A God Fearing And Trusted Lender {Lexieloancompany@yahoo.com}..

    Hello, I am Andrew Thompson currently living in CT USA, God has bless me with two kids and a lovely Wife, I promise to share this Testimony because of God favor in my life, 2days ago I was in desperate need of money so I thought of having a loan then I ran into wrong hands who claimed to be loan lender not knowing he was a scam. he collected 1,500.00 USD from me and refuse to email me since then I was confuse, but God came to my rescue, one faithful day I went to church after the service I share idea with a friend and she introduce me to LEXIE LOAN COMPANY, she said she was given 98,000.00 USD by MR LEXIE , THE MANAGING DIRECTOR OF LEXIE LOAN COMPANY. So I collected his email Address , he told me the rules and regulation and I followed, then after processing of the Documents, he gave me my loan of 55,000.00 USD... well if you are interested in a loan you can as well contact him on this Email: Lexieloancompany@yahoo.com or call/sms on: +18168926958 thanks, I am sure he will also help you.

    ReplyDelete